MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature & Post charachter count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think MyCode should be excluded from character counts in the signature counts as the character limits make it difficult to fit things in your Signature if you have long URLs used in your MyCode and also it enables people to meed the minimum character count for posts by merely posting empty MyCode.

Unfortunately it would be difficult to implement but possibly it could be done by counting total characters then counting the size of the MyCode instances and subtracting them from the total.
Setting in AdminCP: MyCode affects signature length
Doesn't work?

Don't recall there being a setting to consider it for post lengths though.
Ahh cheers Yumi, I wasn't aware of that, just on all the forums I regularly visit MyCode does affect signature length.

I was referring to minimum post length so that still is an issue but not a large one.

Well I guess thats resolved fairly easily so this can be closed.
(2010-01-02, 11:36 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Setting in AdminCP: MyCode affects signature length
Doesn't work?

Does it? I remember there being a bug with it, I'm not sure though. I haven't looked at the features/bug list in a while.