MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 8192
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a forum some months ago, which worked without any problems. In the last weeks I did not change anything, but today I tried to access it and got the following error:

Quote:Error Type:
(8192)
Error Message:
Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated
Line: 163
Code:
160. $this->strip_slashes_array($_GET);
161. $this->strip_slashes_array($_COOKIE);
162. }
163. set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);
164. @ini_set("magic_quotes_gpc", 0);
165. @ini_set("magic_quotes_runtime", 0);
Backtrace:
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 171 errorHandler->output_error
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/class_core.php 163 set_magic_quotes_runtime
/inc/init.php 51 MyBB->MyBB
/global.php 19 require_once
/index.php 18 require_once

Can someone help me? I am not very experienced in hosting a forum so please keep your answer as simple as possible.

The URL of the forum is: http://gadsa-sv.spacequadrat.de/forum/

Thank you
1) Preface the set_magic_quotes_runtime() call with an @ symbol.
2) Comment out or remove the line altogether.

Those are the solutions I can give you which will solve your problem.
Simply upgrade to the latest version of MyBB, this was fixed a month ago. Before asking for support make sure you're on the latest version, the issue you're having may have been fixed in a more recent release, like this one has been.

[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

What version are you running??
thank you for your fast answer! it worked perfectly
(2010-01-02, 02:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Simply upgrade to the latest version of MyBB, this was fixed a month ago. Before asking for support make sure you're on the latest version, the issue you're having may have been fixed in a more recent release, like this one has been.

[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

What version are you running??

As you can see, his forum is back up. I guess he followed my advise.
And covering up the error is better than upgrading to the latest version, when the latest version contained security fixes, and, depending on what version they're running, they may be vulnerable to other security vulnerabilities??
(2010-01-02, 02:11 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]And covering up the error is better than upgrading to the latest version, when the latest version contained security fixes, and, depending on what version they're running, they may be vulnerable to other security vulnerabilities??

I never said that. Your solution is much better though. Sleepy