MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After upgrade wording is wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
upgraded from 1.4.9 to 1.4.10 and then 1.4.11 Now when a new user registers on the forums the next page has wrong wording..

This is the location of the page after a new user registers. all other info is correct on that page but the link shows error.

CopaSocial Forums / Error

The link should say -

CopaSocial Forums / Board Message

What is the easiest way to resolve this?
I just checked the forum at your signature and everything appeared ok.
Nope, as I mentioned, maybe not clear enough. When a new user registers that is when you see the following -

CopaSocial Forums / Error

The link should say -

CopaSocial Forums / Board Message

I'm trying to figure out what to edit to fix it so it says board message like it should. Everything else is just fine.
Can you post a screenshot?
Here is the screenshot, outlined in red is the issue.
Anyone?
So after searching around the files, I find that global.lang.php is the only file that has the following, it appears correct compared to my 1.4.9 file. However as noted it says error instead of Board Message... if I'm on the right track.

$l['error'] = "Board Message";
I'm getting the same thing on one of my upgraded boards too.

It's not happening on my .10 board but the board I just brought to .11 is doing the same thing.

[attachment=16900]

[attachment=16901]
I don't have this issue on my board. Its gotta be a plugin or something.
I'm hesitant to go down the plugin deal with this, I have no plugins that deal with any type of registration at all. Those same plugins I have used since 1.4.9 and that did not have the problem at all. For the upgrade all plugins where disabled before doing it. I guess on the next upgrade I'll disable and check, but I doubt that is the issue. Oh well I'll live with it since it appears its not a big enough issue to deal with. Thanks
(2010-01-11, 05:07 PM)dpdurst Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hesitant to go down the plugin deal with this, I have no plugins that deal with any type of registration at all. Those same plugins I have used since 1.4.9 and that did not have the problem at all. For the upgrade all plugins where disabled before doing it. I guess on the next upgrade I'll disable and check, but I doubt that is the issue. Oh well I'll live with it since it appears its not a big enough issue to deal with. Thanks

It would more be a case of a plugin overriding the $l['error'] with a different msg. Not an actual problem with the plugin. Like if another lang file gets loaded and it has $l['error'] defined as "Error" overriding the definition from global.lang.php

Just test it without your plugins for a moment and find out Smile
A point on this, MyBB has $l['error'] defined differently in different lang files.

admin/global.lang.php:64:$l['error'] = "Error";
global.lang.php:124:$l['error'] = "Board Message";
reputation.lang.php:14:$l['error'] = "Error";

So, if you have any plugins loading reputation lang file, or the admin global lang file, it will override the normal global lang file. See what I mean?