MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a Profile field REQUIRED or Mandatory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Members,

I would like to know the method to make a default profile field say 'location' a must fill or required or mandatory field where the users should enter it to complete the registeration.
Also I would like to know how to make the existing members fill the field before continuing further in the forum.

Thanks
Edit it in the ACP and change the settings to make it required. To force existing members to set it before doing anything else would need a plugin though.
Thank you for your response, but could you please explain where to go as I wasnt able to find the right setting!

And where can I find the mod?...
ACP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields > **choose** > Required? > Yes.

And I don't think a plugin exists yet, I'll move this to requests for you.
Thanks a lot,
Won't be hard to create, I'll create it later on today.
(2010-01-02, 08:55 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Won't be hard to create, I'll create it later on today.

It's default mybb feature. No need to create anything.
To force them to change it if they haven't already? It will only force them if they try to update their profile, it won't prevent them from viewing threads and etc until doing so.
Thankyou Jammerx2 please post a reply here as soon as you finish it!..

Once again thank you.
roh its a feature in MyBB already, just go to custom profile fields and make it mandatory.
Pages: 1 2 3