MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum is reading a day before time LOL .. Today it January 2nd at 9:53pm and it reads

January 3rd.

How can I please change this?
Change following setting with your timezone:
AdminCP Home » Board Settings » Date and Time Formats » Default Timezone Offset
I have done that it is the date that I cannot change. It is not the 3rd of January here in the states it is the 2nd. The time is Okay .. it is the date.. LOL

After playing all night with this I waited until midnight and I am still in the future. There must be someway to fix this.
My server is located in Hong Kong. But even in ucp it will not change to the right date. So I found something until I can get it fixed. I am in another time zone so the day will display correctly but of course the time is screwed up and will change in another 12 hours to the wrong date again. I will check back tomorrow again.. Right now I need to rest. It's been a very long day..hehehe and it's way after midnight now.Sleepy
Maybe it's at Hong Kong time then...?? They're in the future compared to the USA. Ask your host what time the server thinks it is. If you're right on the west coast, Hong Kong would be more or less a day ahead of you...
I just asked my host.He will get back to me. Yes I believe you are correct because the cpanel is also at that time so we are the future at my site LOL.
Correcting the Default Timezone offset should correct the date as well. But make sure you don't have it set to a specific timezone offset in your UserCP too. Look there and set it to default, or to your proper timezone.
If you changed the timezone in the settings, then it means that they don't work. I have my server set to my timezone so I've never noticed. I'll check it out.
I never changed the time zone.. I am back on Pacific and here is the strange thing. I posted today to my admin. at the top of the forum it had the time 01/04/2010 16:42:15. When I hovered my mouse over the post title I just made... 01/03/2010 16:46:24
That is crazy.. Oh well the forum works and I guess I should not be concerned. LOL.. but it is way annoying.. and kind of cool to say I am talking to people from the future. Smile