MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

First I want to say, I love your board software. its great.

But one fact is annoying. When you install a Plugin, the control of this plugin is between all the other options of your board. (so between, timezone options and registration options, etc). Would it be possible to create an own category for plugin options or to show them at the end of the list?

Thanks for the anwser.
bye
Yeah this has been mentioned a few times, it's a very good idea. I think the best options are having the list split into two, all the default settings then all the plugin settings, or having a tab for default settings and a tab for plugin settings. Usually I have to use Ctrl + F to find settings in the list.
yeah, that would be great
2 lists, basic options and plugin options

i would love to see this in the new version Wink
That's why a lot of people are using this:
http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=157
As a plugin author I just use very high position values to force all my plugins to the bottom of the settings list Wink
Usually 500.

I hate looking for them Smile

The split tabs idea is the better one imo.
My plugins append their setting groups at the end (adds groups with largest disporder+1) so they won't be in the middle or even at the top of the official ones. If a plugin settings group is at the top or in the middle of the official setting groups, blame the plugin. Or blame MyBB for not offering an API function that takes care of adding settings and groups - since every plugin author has to do this manually everyone goes about it differently.
Well, hopefully 2.0 will have a better interface for this. Smile

I've always thought that they should be displayed alphabetically myself. That makes things so much easier to find.

The same with anything that has the same display order, such as forums. If theres 3 forums named Adam, Eve, and George, but they were added in the order of Eve, George, Adam, all with a display order of 1, then they are displayed as Eve, George, Adam instead of Adam, Eve, George. Undecided Oh well. I realize that is simply because of the way they are read from the db and left unsorted except by disporder.
(2010-01-03, 03:20 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]My plugins append their setting groups at the end (adds groups with largest disporder+1) so they won't be in the middle or even at the top of the official ones. If a plugin settings group is at the top or in the middle of the official setting groups, blame the plugin. Or blame MyBB for not offering an API function that takes care of adding settings and groups - since every plugin author has to do this manually everyone goes about it differently.

Part of the reason Akismet was included with MyBB is so it can be used as examples which included what you're talking about. Unfortunately, most mod authors don't take a look at it
Akismet doesn't do it right either and even if it did, copying code still sucks.