MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod/Admin Notes in Profile visible to USER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I will run this as a solo plug in on a clean forum, then, if it works as the mod says (ie not visible to non mods/admins) add my others one by one and check for borkage. I will do that over the weekend.
Hallo again
I installed this on my test forum, and it does work; ordinary users cannot see the notes, but admins can. This is the ONLY plug in I have installed, on MYBB 1.4.11

However:
Viewing as Moderator
On Classic post bit the notes do not wrap - stretching the user details box. There is no "admin notes" prefix to the note
On horizontal post bit the notes DO wrap, but there is no "admin notes" prefix to the note

Viewing as Admin
On Classic post bit the notes do not wrap - stretching the user details box. There is an "admin notes" prefix to the note
On horizontal post bit the notes DO wrap, and there is an "admin notes" prefix to the note

Viewing as user:
User cannot see the notes (yay)

Conflicting plug in
Ok, I found it, its the Profile Comments Plug in (CURSES) http://mods.mybboard.net/view/profile-comments
I get the same effect with Nickman's guestbooks - works about the same as the profile comments I guess

Unfortunately, once EITHER of these above have been installed it borks the mod user notes for good.
I'm guessing that somehow BOTH are hooking into the same place?
Thanks for that.
I actually haven't tested that, but I did find an issue in my code. See if this fixes it:
[attachment=16934]
Tell me if that works for you.

I believe wrapping will depend on your theme/style - this plugin doesn't handle wrapping at all. If you open the plugin file in a text editor, you can edit this line if it helps though:
define('POSTBIT_MODNOTES_MAXLEN', 30);
Hi again

Yes, it works, and I have it working with Nickmans guestbook. I would like to have it working with profile comments but that upload is a tad messy. Its a shame.

Thank you very much indeed.

Lee
Cool, thanks for the response Smile
Pages: 1 2