MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Premium Groups on MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It would be interesting to have premium groups on mybb. Pretty much like chartered members on smf..
For what?
Premium support, access to beta and other privileges..
I can see that beginning and ending in hell.

Support here is free, and should always be.
Bet access is a volunteer thing, everyone should have the opportunity to apply.

Doesn't seem right to put certain users above others on a community for free forum software.
Well, actually, it's a good way of supporting the devs. We pay money, get premium support, devs gain additional funds for future use. I don't really see how i can end in hell.
The main driving force for this is supporting the devs.
Or you can just donate.
I agree this will end badly. People don't like paying a few dollars for a load of plugins, they won't want to pay for support too, especially when we answer support as quickly as we possibly can anyway. Being paid won't make it any faster at all, we'd answer just as fast if they didn't pay, being paid wouldn't give us more time to answer threads quicker. A lot of threads are solved within 24 hours and pretty much all threads are responded to within 24 hours, we can't be any quicker. As for betas, I assume 1.6 will be the same as 1.4 was, you join the beta group, we approve you if we think you should have access, and I got access and I'd hardly posted much at that point so most people will probably get access anyway... plus 1.6 is available via the SVN anyway. Zash is right, donating still supports us and is a better way of doing it.
If you look at the support Matt outways anyone there. All the money donated goes to server fees, and other fees (Like paying people to check the software) So its not like any of the money from this group would ever go to devs in the end.
I think you would be surprised by professional companies that might consider using MyBB if they offered a professional support level. Basically what they call Level 5 management. Similar to what Ryan already does for NCAABBS.

I have considered for a long time offering my own support package and I think this year I'll launch it. It's going to be more expensive than just a plugin subscription since access to a person at any given time to fix problems is an ongoing service.
(2010-01-03, 08:43 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I think you would be surprised by professional companies that might consider using MyBB if they offered a professional support level. Basically what they call Level 5 management. Similar to what Ryan already does for NCAABBS.

Indeed. I know of 2-3 that they have chosen x forum only bacause of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5