MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question: default subscription settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way in 1.4.11 to set the users' default subscription settings to instant email notification?
You can do it by using a mysql query but I don't recommend doing this if you don't have enough skill to do this.

Runnig following query will set all user's subscription method to email notification:
UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod='2'

P.S: Don't forget to change mybb_ part with your mysql table prefix.
Then to change the default option in the dropdown menus you'd need the member_register and usercp_options template, however be careful doing this, you'll probably annoy a lot of members if you suddenly change their settings and make them receive loads of emails they didn't want, I don't think it's even legal in some countries.
(2010-01-03, 09:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Then to change the default option in the dropdown menus you'd need the member_register and usercp_options template, however be careful doing this, you'll probably annoy a lot of members if you suddenly change their settings and make them receive loads of emails they didn't want, I don't think it's even legal in some countries.

That should do it, I can then set the default by adding selected="yes" to the one I want to be the default (for new user registrations only.)
Thanks to this thread I was also able to change the "hide email from other members" setting to being checked by default.

Thanks!
(2010-01-03, 09:42 PM)DragonFever Wrote: [ -> ]You can do it by using a mysql query but I don't recommend doing this if you don't have enough skill to do this.

Runnig following query will set all user's subscription method to email notification:
UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod='2'

P.S: Don't forget to change mybb_ part with your mysql table prefix.

This seems to be exatly the solution I need for my moderators.

Can you confirm that using this change will only send email notification when a user subscribes to a thread or forum, not change the default for all users?

Cheers
Eden
No that query changes everybody's settings, if you want it only for mods you'll need to add to the query to only change it for mods.
(2010-01-03, 09:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Then to change the default option in the dropdown menus you'd need the member_register and usercp_options template
Thanks a lot Smile