MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to MyBB 1.4.11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

So, I want to upgrade (yes I know I have gotten some help before trying, and failing, to do this) to 1.4.11, and I just need to know how to transfer the 1.4.11 files to my host by ONLY overwriting out of date files (I don't know if I am saying this correctly, basicly I want to keep all of the old files, and overwrite the out of date files with the new ones.) I am using FileZilla as my FTP client. Thanks in advance, Tierney
Just select the option Overwrite If Newer and check the box for Do this for all uploads, and the box for Apply to this queue only. I also use FileZilla every day Wink
Alright, where exactly is that option found?
What version are you upgrading from?? It dictates what files you need.
The option should appear when you attempt to upload and overwrite.

Here is a screenshot of what should appear
[attachment=16851]

However, I would just upload them ALL (Choose Overwrite, Always use this action, Apply to current queue only) just to be safe. It won't hurt anything.
Grrr...I guess I don't understand how to get it so that pops up, because I can't drag and drop (because it will just put everything in there twice right? Maybe this is the way to do it.)

@Matt I am upgrading from 1.4.9 to 1.4.11
Then you need to either upload the whole package or the two changed files packages, 1.4.9 > 1.4.10 and 1.4.10 > 1.4.11. If you're using FileZilla it should prompt you to overwrite or choose what to do if the file already exists.