MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install won't start.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I uploaded everything to 'root/forum' and then CHModed everything but the /install/ won't start up. It takes me to a page saying I did something wrong.

I use free hosting with bytehost.
If you need more info, I can offer it.
Link please?
It looks like none of the files exist...
I uploaded the zip of the uploads and the files were extracted automatically. I then CHModed the ones I had to but it won't start.
Did you upload everything inside of the upload folder?
I just renamed the upload folder to 'forum' and zipped it. Then I uploaded it. When it was uploaded, the files were uploaded and the zipped folder opened.
go to x10 hosting and use them as free host

Then download a fresh version and download filezilla to upload to the domain you get get acces to you forums root via FTP accounts which can be located in your cpannel

IE

Yourdomian.com

FTP host : [email protected]
User : example.yourdomain.com
Pass : example

Note do boy upload in .zip format on filezilla

If you can't do it I will make one for you for free and give you the info for FTP ECG

If you give me the namé you want Ect
Sorry don't upload in .zip format
I will piggyback on this thread, because my problem is so similar.
I am new to web hosting.
I am attempting a new install of the latest version.
I unzipped the files, then uploaded them to my root directory using Filezilla.
I CHMODed the files as described in the documentation.
When I go to http://reserector.com/install/ I get a message that the link is broken.
I deleted all files and uploaded again; tried again. Same result.

Here is a screenshot that may help:

[Image: FZshot.jpg]
I found the answer: I needed to load all files into "public_html" folder. Install has begun, now.

Now I am trying to figure out what information to put in the fields for the MySQL database. I will look for an example somwhere, I suppose. Huh
Here was my problem. Stupid me didn't upload the files to the /htdocs. Everything works fine now. Also, there is nothing in the installation that says you need to make a database.
Pages: 1 2