MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB - Internal Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I'm having the same problem as Asad93. I ran the installation progress and it said MyBB was successfully installed.

Now, I get this:

[Image: MyBB-InternalError.jpg]

Picture might be big, it's because I use Photobucket, if it is too big, just edit my post and remove the [IMG] [/IMG] code.

Anyway, I have no idea how to solve this, it said I had to remove the Install directory or add a file to (/install) called 'lock'. I removed Install, although I don't know if I did it right, I just removed it out of my Hard Drive and not my Server (I didn't know how to do that) but this isn't working.
If it's necessary, here is the link to my website: http://jason.webege.com/

Does anyone here have an idea to help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Jason.
Use your FTP client do delete it from the server.

I see you are using filezilla, so just right click the /install folder and delete it.
You'll need to remove the ./install/ folder from your forum's folder on the server. Another alternative is to create a file called "lock" in the ./install/ folder.

You can use FTP, or you can easily do this by using cPanel (or something similar).
(2010-01-04, 02:26 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to remove the ./install/ folder from your forum's folder on the server. Another alternative is to create a file called "lock" in the ./install/ folder.

You can use FTP, or you can easily do this by using cPanel (or something similar).

I tried that.

This is what I got:

Warning: ftp_delete() [function.ftp-delete]: Prohibited file name: /public_html/install/resources/.pureftpd-upload.4b40f484.15.5add.d65f243a in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 901

Warning: ftp_delete() [function.ftp-delete]: Prohibited file name: .pureftpd-upload.4b40f484.15.5add.d65f243a in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 925

Warning: ftp_rmdir() [function.ftp-rmdir]: Can't remove directory: Directory not empty in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 811

Warning: ftp_rmdir() [function.ftp-rmdir]: Can't remove directory: Directory not empty in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 835

Warning: ftp_delete() [function.ftp-delete]: Prohibited file name: /public_html/install/.pureftpd-upload.4b40e5d8.15.4818.2723e5b0 in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 901

Warning: ftp_delete() [function.ftp-delete]: Prohibited file name: .pureftpd-upload.4b40e5d8.15.4818.2723e5b0 in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 925

Warning: ftp_rmdir() [function.ftp-rmdir]: Can't remove directory: Directory not empty in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 811

Warning: ftp_rmdir() [function.ftp-rmdir]: Can't remove directory: Directory not empty in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 835
What are you removing? That isn't even a MyBB folder!

You need to remove the ./install/ folder that's in your forum's root.
(2010-01-04, 04:26 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]What are you removing? That isn't even a MyBB folder!

You need to remove the ./install/ folder that's in your forum's root.

Well, I went to the cPanel's File Manager and deleted the install thing.
I don't know if I did it correct, this is the first time I'm installing a forum by myself.
Looks like you haven't deleted the right one, it's the one in the list of folders like admin, cache, inc, images, jscripts, uploads...
That's the one I was deleting.

Now, I went back to the File Manager and it's still there, probably because of the Error I posted earlier.

Here's a screenshot of the delete progress to let you see if I'm doing it right:

[Image: FTPinstalldeletion.jpg]

And when I press 'Delete' I get this again:

Warning: ftp_delete() [function.ftp-delete]: Prohibited file name: /public_html/install/resources/.pureftpd-upload.4b40f484.15.5add.d65f243a in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 901

Warning: ftp_delete() [function.ftp-delete]: Prohibited file name: .pureftpd-upload.4b40f484.15.5add.d65f243a in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 925

Warning: ftp_delete() [function.ftp-delete]: Prohibited file name: /public_html/install/.pureftpd-upload.4b40e5d8.15.4818.2723e5b0 in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 901

Warning: ftp_delete() [function.ftp-delete]: Prohibited file name: .pureftpd-upload.4b40e5d8.15.4818.2723e5b0 in /home/files/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 925

You'll need to ask your host then, nothing we can do about those errors... maybe try going through each folder inside ./install/ and delete all the files individually, then delete the empty folder, until you get back to the empty ./install/ folder. Or, what happens when you try to lock it like Tom suggested??
(2010-01-04, 06:23 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to ask your host then, nothing we can do about those errors... maybe try going through each folder inside ./install/ and delete all the files individually, then delete the empty folder, until you get back to the empty ./install/ folder. Or, what happens when you try to lock it like Tom suggested??

This might be a REAL dumb question but what kind of file do I have to create? A .php, .html, .txt or whatever? Sorry, but I'm not really smart sometimes.
Pages: 1 2