MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The best way to add an intro page to my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to add a basic intro page to my forum telling people what it is all about. I am new to MyBB and can't see that there is a way to do this within the site configuration. Has anybody done this and what is the easiest way to do it? www.processcontrolforum.com

Thanks
Here are a few tutorials that might help you.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-6615.html

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-61341.html (For making it the home page)

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-43811.html (For making it the home page)

You can make a HTML (with CSS, JavaScript, or even PHP) page and make it so it is your homepage.
(2010-01-04, 02:00 PM)johnweet Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to add a basic intro page to my forum telling people what it is all about. I am new to MyBB and can't see that there is a way to do this within the site configuration. Has anybody done this and what is the easiest way to do it? www.processcontrolforum.com

Thanks

In my opinion would be best to move the forum to another folder, ''forum'' and set up a new homepage. It can be a plain html/css one, or you can make a custom introductory page and integrate it with your forum.
(2010-01-04, 03:57 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-04, 02:00 PM)johnweet Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to add a basic intro page to my forum telling people what it is all about. I am new to MyBB and can't see that there is a way to do this within the site configuration. Has anybody done this and what is the easiest way to do it? www.processcontrolforum.com

Thanks

In my opinion would be best to move the forum to another folder, ''forum'' and set up a new homepage. It can be a plain html/css one, or you can make a custom introductory page and integrate it with your forum.

Thaks for that. I did just try this very quickly. I created a folder called Forum and moved everything to there. When i used the normal url but /forum it found the forum. I then created a temporary page called Index.html which i put in the folder that the forum was in. When i type in the URL it fails to find my new index page. Do i need to change anything in the MyBB settings or am i just doing something stupid?

Thanks again
Well, after you moved your forum you will have to update the cookie settings as well.

Now, the index.html file that you want to use as a homepage should be uploaded at the root of the /public_html/ or /www/ folder and not inside the forum folder. So by going to www.yourdomain.com the homepage will be displayed.
(2010-01-04, 05:16 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after you moved your forum you will have to update the cookie settings as well.

Now, the index.html file that you want to use as a homepage should be uploaded at the root of the /public_html/ or /www/ folder and not inside the forum folder. So by going to www.yourdomain.com the homepage will be displayed.

Excellent, all works fine. Just put a holding page there for now but will update it later.