MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: database restore error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm setting up a test forum with a database backup from another forum I manage and I want to load all the posts/threads and etc into the test forum...when running this:
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Restore

and I hit go, I get the following error- see attachment:
[attachment=16852]

let me know what I'm doing wrong please

regards,
Shemo
Says what it says, the database you're trying to import it to already has MyBB tables in it, make a new database and import it to that.
(2010-01-04, 06:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Says what it says, the database you're trying to import it to already has MyBB tables in it, make a new database and import it to that.

I dropped the tables from the stock mybb install and imported the backup from my other forum....works fine, just gotta grab the theme and plugins from the other forum.

anyone to import all the plugin/themes from 1 forum and into a new forum without downloading all the themes/plugins from mybb directly?

also..what's the process of restoring a backup on a fresh install since I though that I'd have to install mybb then go in and run the restore to have it restore all posts/threads.