MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post_max_size problem!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

Today I was busy with my forum, a few minutes ago I want to publish it and take the forum online but then I saw a bug. Everything when I want to make a post i get this post_max_size. File is to big to upload, put i'm only posting a message with not much in it.

Any fixes for me please, i need i quick if that is possible.

Many thanks,

JvD
Are you clicking the submit button twice??
Can you create a file with the following code an post a link to it for us?

<?php
phpinfo()
?>
Nope, clicking only once. Some sulutions?
(2010-01-04, 06:50 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Can you create a file with the following code an post a link to it for us?

<?php
phpinfo()
?>

Sorry, I'm a little bit of a noob, I don't fully understand you. Some more information about what i have to do?
Just make a .php file and put the code in it and post the link here.

(Dus gewoon een nieuw .php bestandje aanmaken bij je host. (kan gewoon in kladblok, zolang het maar eindigd op .php en die code erin staat) Je plaatst daar die 3 regeltjes code in en de link naar dat bestandje post je hier dan. Daar staan de gegevens van je hoster in waaraan we fouten kunnen afleiden.)

Sorry I speak Dutch, but it's only because I know he speak also Dutch and it's easy to explane than.
They want you to create a .php file in your forum root (name it whatever you want, but it HAS to be .php) and have it contain the folowing code:

<?php
phpinfo()
?>

Then give us the link to it. Say you name it fixmysite.php, and your site is called www.mysite.com the link would be www.mysite.com/fixmysite.php
http://eredivisie.webege.com/hi.php
Now I can post greater posts? It's a miracle I think
Well 2MB is the default post_max_size so unless you are posting a really large message you should be fine so I'm not sure the exact cause of the message. Check in your folder and look for a file called error_log for a more specific error.

On a site note, I would suggest moving to a new web hosting company though because their PHP configuration is both insecure and very restrictive.
Nevermind, it seems 000web took your site down for "review".
Review? Is that a good or bad thing?

But thanx everybody, it works now!
Its nothing to worry about. I have known people who used them before (And I myself am using them currently until my partner comes back from his vacation) and they do that to check that you aren't trying to do anything illigal, which they could be reliable for.