MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Finalizing my new theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd post this in Themes and Templates except I haven't actually made the MyBB version of the theme.

Right now I've been working on a slight redo of my website's theme and templates. So far I've just done the FSCMS version of the theme (since it's just one template, it's a lot easier to whip up previews). I tried to make it a bit more "Web 2.0" style, but don't know how well I did in that regard.

The page demoing the new theme is here.

Mostly I'm stuck on how I should make the boxes. The current live theme's way is a bit more interesting IMO but I don't know how it would do in the new version and wanted to get suggestions first. It would be very nice if I could do it in MyBB with minimal template modification, but I have yet to try recreating the theme in MyBB.

Comments and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
(If mods feel that this would be better elsewhere, feel free to move it).
Either switch the sponsors box to the left or move the side boxes on every other page to the right Toungue. It bothers me that it changes.
The page linked to is the only one with the new theme, all of the others use the current "live" theme. This is why it's different on that page (it uses a different layout).
I suggest you increase font size and padding of the menu, it's way too small.
Increased font size by one pixel (13px vs. the body's 12 and the box title's 15). Should I do more, or is it good now?

Also, I still can't decide whether or I should go back to the live theme's window-style boxes, keep the sunken box style, or come up with something completely different. I liked the windows, but with the new layout I fear it might be a bit too much. On one hand, I already have 85% of the window style version done for MyBB since it's just a minor variation on the current theme. On the other hand, the sunken box style would be easier to maintain without having to customize every updated template practically every time MyBB releases a new version.

Also, how many of you have tried visiting it on your iPhone? [Image: f31_glee_v3.png]

Edit: Added the windows from the live theme for comparison. One uses the live style, the other uses a slightly updated version.