MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nuked my forum... New start-up issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There were too many weird things happening to my forum... I'm fairly sure I was hacked, so I nuked everything (including db), downloaded fresh, new db, installed, and am trying to get going... a few issues:
1) From the 'show all (board) settings' in admin panel, I've made some changes and edited some fields, but everytime I 'Save Settings', it first makes me log in again, and then when I do, it reverts to defaults (my settings wont stay). Note: I thought this had to do with the fact that I CHMOD config.php to 444 but then I changed it back to 666 and it's still happening. also I renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess
2) My pre-nuke favicon is still showing?!?!?! Is that just a cache thing? (No favicon exists on the server).
3) I had exported my default theme before killing the forum, thinking that I would just import it when I started over, but is that a dangerous thing to do if I truly was hijacked previously? Or should it be safe?

Thanks so much! Heart
I am not sue about the last 2 but the first is a cookie issue. you need o manually set the cookie settings in the /inc/settings, file.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html
Firestar, Thank you! Big Grin Did the manual edits and then updated via CP. Back in business.

Could still use help on issues 2 & 3.
Heart

(2010-01-05, 08:52 AM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sue about the last 2 but the first is a cookie issue. you need o manually set the cookie settings in the /inc/settings, file.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html
About #3, if you are sure you were hacked, I would dispose of all PHP files (images and css sheets will be fine).
2. Probably is being cached, shouldn't be anything to worry about.

3. Depends how you were hacked. Close the forum and import it, then go through every template group, if there are any individual templates with a green name, if you see any gibberish code, long bits of javascript or code you know isn't right, delete it. Classic places this can be put into is the index, header, headerinclude and footer, as these are the most loaded templates.
Thanks again everyone! This re-install was a lot less painful than the original.
Heart

(2010-01-05, 06:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]2. Probably is being cached, shouldn't be anything to worry about.

3. Depends how you were hacked. Close the forum and import it, then go through every template group, if there are any individual templates with a green name, if you see any gibberish code, long bits of javascript or code you know isn't right, delete it. Classic places this can be put into is the index, header, headerinclude and footer, as these are the most loaded templates.