MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Confused and Lost.. need some help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi im need to this and im trying to install a forum on my site. I think I did everything right from this

file:///C:/Users/home/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX01.575/Documentation/install.html

and I uploaded the files into a folder called forums. But when i type in mysite.com/forum/install i get page not found.

If it helps im using hostgator and filezilla for my ftp.. im so confusedHuh
try to add index.php after install at the url.

P.s. How did you upload the files to a folder called forum. Did you upload the Upload folder inside mybb package and then renamed it forum or you uploaded the Upload folder inside the forum folder?
(2010-01-05, 04:13 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]try to add index.php after install at the url.

P.s. How did you upload the files to a folder called forum. Did you upload the Upload folder inside mybb package and then renamed it forum or you uploaded the Upload folder inside the forum folder?

I created a folder named forum then uploaded the upload folder to the forum folder.
You need to upload the contents of the Upload folder, not the actual folder. Try this: delete your /forum directory, then upload the Upload folder from the MyBB package, then rename the /Upload folder to /forum.
(2010-01-05, 04:22 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to upload the contents of the Upload folder, not the actual folder. Try this: delete your /forum directory, then upload the Upload folder from the MyBB package, then rename the /Upload folder to /forum.

ok imma try it again thanks
Ok I just tried this and it still didnt work

http://howbadisyourcredit.com/forum
If it's giving a 404 it's not there... printscreen your file manager showing where you've put the files.
(2010-01-05, 05:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]printscreen your file manager showing where you've put the files.

Or the view from your ftp manager.

I do have a question, did you upload them into your public_html directory? Because the proper place on HG if I remember correctly is public_html/forums (if you want them in the /forums subdirectory)