MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got Hacked, Need Help Fixing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My host got hacked, (Alibabhost.com). The hackers defaced every website on the host, and deleted the host website. I have a 2 mybb forums on the site, which are now defaced. I can not access cpanel, because that too is defaced. All I have is ftp access.

I ftped into my account. i changed my index.php to a simple page saying we were hacked. It also seems they have changed every index.php to thier defacement page. so for example i cant get into the admin cpanel. I have a backup on my ftp that i took before i got hacked.

What are my options here?
Just revert to your backup. And then start looking for another host, even if the host got hacked it shouldn't have granted them access across the board unless they were set up very sloppily.
Ouch. If you upload the default MyBB ACP folder again (well, all new MyBB files really) it should make that OK again, then you can get into the ACP to make a backup... are all your files OK otherwise?? All your attachments till there??
All the files are ok, as well as attachements.
The only things that are messed up are files that have index.php in them.
/admin/index.php
/forum/index.php
ect are the only ones that are damaged from what i can tell.

i will try that now. thank you for your time.
I bet all the index.html files are messed up too. This sounds like a scripted replacement of index\.(.*?)

Like I said, revert to your backup copies of your files, OR you can do as Matt said and reupload your MyBB files.
(2010-01-05, 08:31 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]I bet all the index.html files are messed up too. This sounds like a scripted replacement of index\.(.*?)

Like I said, revert to your backup copies of your files, OR you can do as Matt said and reupload your MyBB files.

yeah.
i just tryed to upload the admin cp index file again.
I got to the log in area, put my username and password in and then hit enter. It brought me back to the defacement page.

I reuploaded the index.php on the root.
It now loads my forum index, but the defacement page is still on the top
heres what it looks like: http://www.ellisextreme.com/forum/index.php
Like I said, I'd delete the whole thing and revert to your backup.
And dump that host a.s.a.p.
(2010-01-05, 08:52 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, I'd delete the whole thing and revert to your backup.

but how?
i cant get into phpmyadmin, because i cant get into cpanel.
Looks like they've only edited the index template, not the index.php file... can you go direct to ./admin/index.php?module=tools/backupdb&action=backup ??
Pages: 1 2