MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 2..3.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a friends IPB 2.3.1 forum to convert to the latest MYBB. I have installed a new mybb installation and have the converter script uploaded.

Just one question for those who have converted from the IPB 2 series, what can I expect to be converted over?

Do the permissions and groups settings convert? What about attachments and things like avatars?

Thanks.
MyBB supports merging (converting) all of those settings, though of course you should always double check. It does import attachments, but it does not as yet support avatars. Maybe in a later version. Really though, how hard is it for a user to reupload their avatar? Might even be a good time for a change Smile
Yeah, my concern was the groups, permissions and such. Avatars are no big deal.

Appreciate your help.
Any time, and if you do have issues we'll (as in the community AND the staff) help you with them as best we can.
Ran the converter, all is well but Im stuck at the attachments conversion. Doesnt want to read the uploads folder from the IPB forum. Tried both path and url, the folder permissions are correct (755 as I use suPHP).

I`m guessing with conversions the attachments is always a bit hit and miss?

Not a problem, he can live without the attachments. They were taking up a lot of space anyways!
(2010-01-06, 02:49 AM)maritimesbob Wrote: [ -> ]Ran the converter, all is well but Im stuck at the attachments conversion. Doesnt want to read the uploads folder from the IPB forum. Tried both path and url, the folder permissions are correct (755 as I use suPHP).

I`m guessing with conversions the attachments is always a bit hit and miss?

Not a problem, he can live without the attachments. They were taking up a lot of space anyways!

As far as I know the attachments for IPB work properly. Can you tell us exactly whats happening?
Well that`s wierd, I shut down the converted so that I could recount everything. I then reopened the converter and now they are converting.

Also a whole bunch of members who were in the IPB members awaiting validating got converted over. All of them are not wanted (spam). Is there a query I can run that will clear the validating group? There are over 5000!
Sure is

DELETE FROM mybb_users WHERE postnum = 0

Make sure you change the mybb_ to whatever your prefix really is.
Sorry I edited my post just as you was posting.

Is there a query I can run that will empty the validating group? There are over 5000!
Same query, only change the postnum to usergroup and the 0 to 5
(2010-01-06, 03:45 AM)maritimesbob Wrote: [ -> ]Works just great.

I can`t for the life of me find how to set up new users to require admin approval? Is there such a setting in mybb?

Yup Wink

Admin CP-Configuration->User Registration and Profile Options
Pages: 1 2