MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uninstalled Google SEO plugin. Q
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Google Seo plugin like a week ago. Strangely, heres what i noticed.

Earlier, when a new post is made to my forum, if i make a search in google with the exact thread name after couple of hours, it wud have been listed there. BUT after installing this mode that never happens anymore, even if i google search after 2 days with exact name, it doesnt get listed.

Now I have unistalled that MOD, re-uploaded the default htaccess.txt and inc/functions.php. But somehow the URLs of the forum are still written in other format then default. And still my threads are not getting listed in google.

Please understand that I am google searching with MY THREAD NAME - MYSITE.COM. so if its indexed it will be displayed.

Help really appreciated.
(2010-01-06, 07:19 AM)indiansword Wrote: [ -> ]I installed Google Seo plugin like a week ago. Strangely, heres what i noticed.

Earlier, when a new post is made to my forum, if i make a search in google with the exact thread name after couple of hours, it wud have been listed there. BUT after installing this mode that never happens anymore, even if i google search after 2 days with exact name, it doesnt get listed.

Now I have unistalled that MOD, re-uploaded the default htaccess.txt and inc/functions.php. But somehow the URLs of the forum are still written in other format then default. And still my threads are not getting listed in google.

Please understand that I am google searching with MY THREAD NAME - MYSITE.COM. so if its indexed it will be displayed.

Help really appreciated.

Well i use that one too and usually threads are indexed by google within 10-15 minutes. So i don't think it has anything to do with mybb or the plugin.

Do you have a google webmaster account? If not.. Sign up for it... You can see what goes wrong...
Everything is screwed up after installing that MOD successfully. Whats the best way to get everything to default?
If you want to get completely rid of Google SEO, you uninstall it, and reupload the original functions.php and .htaccess and you're done. You can then switch between MyBB's two URL schemes, default showthread.php?tid=123 or search engine friendly thread-123.html. Your old Google SEO URLs will then lead to 404 error land.

If you kept Google SEO installed and only reuploaded the original functions.php, Google SEO could've redirected the Google SEO URLs back to the original ones, but if you already uninstalled it that is no longer possible.

If your site is the one from your signature, that one's giving me a blank page so chances are you messed something up.