MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Renumbering of yours profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All of you,

If I have deleted some of the users! and I want to reassign the profile no to existing users and the new users! what should I do to reset this numbering issue?? Please help

Regards,
R|F|I
:Hi|Buddiez:
It's not really recommended, as it would mess up any posts and threads the deleted user made.
(2010-01-06, 09:22 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]It's not really recommended, as it would mess up any posts and threads the deleted user made.

and if they didn't made any post?? than?
It's still not recommended. Are you saying that between the first user who's been deleted and the current user, no new users have posted??
(2010-01-06, 06:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's still not recommended. Are you saying that between the first user who's been deleted and the current user, no new users have posted??

No I mean if the deleted member didn't made any post!! then would it be possible to renumber all the profiles? it is possible in another software (Vbul). is it fusible over here??
Yes I know that, but if members have posted who registered after the deleted user registered, their UIDs are going to be all over the database. What was the UID of the deleted user and what's the UID of the most recent user??
In the ACP, create a new user (give it any username) and then alter the UID of it's row in the database to the deleted user's UID.

You can then go and merge users.
(2010-01-07, 08:16 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]In the ACP, create a new user (give it any username) and then alter the UID of it's row in the database to the deleted user's UID.

You can then go and merge users.

thanks a lot for solution it seems bit lengthy but I would be quite happy with it....Smile