MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vanilla to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

With friends we admin a forum in Vanilla plateform and we want to change for mybb.

I don't have seen any informations for the transfert from Vanilla to mybb.

If someone have some information about it or if you can tell me which table must be updated to transfert the data of the user, message and topic in mybb it would be great.

Thanks a lot
Your only recourse currently is to either write your own converter or hire someone (like me) to write it for you. This will NOT likely be cheap either. Converters take at minimum several hours to write, depending on the software you're converting from.
Ok i will try to do it, but I have a question, how can I configure the password element cause I think this is not the same in vanilla and mybb, especially i think there are no salt attribute on vanilla !
(2010-01-06, 04:11 PM)tomypunk Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i will try to do it, but I have a question, how can I configure the password element cause I think this is not the same in vanilla and mybb, especially i think there are no salt attribute on vanilla !

The loginconvert.php file of the merger system is a plugin for MyBB designed to convert passwords from other hashing schema. You'll need to modify to work with your passwords. Good luck.
to you know if it is possible to have html posts in mybb cause the data I import from vanilla are in html format.

Do you know where I can allow the board to interpret the data ?
It's a board wide setting so becareful if you must use it. (in less this has changed and I never noticed Toungue)

It will most likely be under general configuration but I don't know for sure. Or, posting configuration may actually be a better place to look Toungue.

Sorry I can't be more detailed but I haven't really used mybb in awhile.
Hi Tommy,

just curious.
why you move to MyBB?
MyBB does'not support "whisper" as unique feature over Vanilla.
But logically, in MyBB you can design template and plugins EXACTLY like Vanilla has Wink
We move to vanilla because don't is not structural as mybb, our forum has grow up since two years (+4000 members) and we have some problems with Vanilla, like extension who doesn't work.

And he need many ressources we have a huge server now but in the past vanilla cause us many problem because he make to many request to mysql and the request are not optimised so mysql crash all the time.
Score another one for MyBB once you wiggle through the ESL confusion Smile