MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Request: Help with MSSQL 2000 (i am having nightmares)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, sorry for bothering you,

but i am in a desperated moment with mssql.
i have to install a software system that works with mssql 2000
the problem is that 90% of it's tables have chinese text...
so when i try to return all rows and translatethem to english or edit them
i get a error
Quote:"Rows cannot be located for updating, some values may have been changing since it was last read"
so data was impossible to be edited.....
i noticed that if i install asian language support nothings happens..but if i change NON-unicode language to chinese (RPC), after restart, when i edit the rows via "corporative administrator" i was ABLE to see all chinese text and edit them.

BUT...changing non-unicode language to the machine killed all other software that was used in that machine....so the machine owner tolds me that if i don't find a way to edit the chinese mssql data without changing non-unicode language to chinese.. (they are using English) i am over......

O_O
does anyone haves any idea?
i don't know how to pay you...but i have some mybbsource bux if you want ^^U
(2010-01-06, 08:48 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Simpliest solution really is http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html#win32

i didn't get it
¿could you explain me more?
You keep on saying MSSQL, meaning Microsoft SQL manager right? (I never have used 2000 only 2005 and whatever is on server 08) But you could install MySQL and use MyBB much easier. Unless you are trying to install something else, in which case i need the name of the program
yeah, i was meaning microsoft sql manager, but i am not having trouble with mybb, i am not having trouble installing something, the only problem is that i cannot read chinese characters via MS SQl manager even if i have asian character pack installled Confused
Finally i found an answer
a software Called TOAD from QUEST SOFTWARE that was recommended from a friend it's supposed to be able to read all this mess....

i downloaded trial version and believe it or not
it worked...

Thanks anyway..

P.D now looking for Cracked version of Toad for SQL Server Xpert