MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HOw TO?(Automatic add user to Custom Groups By POSTING)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How To Automatic Add Users To Other GROUP ?
Ive Maded Some New Custom Groups Like "Newbies" And "Members".etc. And What i Want Is SadNew Register members Who Have 0 POSTS) "Newbies" To See Just The Board For THEM(newbies Section). And members (register members With 30 posts for example) To View The FULL FORUM.
I Maded "User Titles" newbies (users With 0POSTS)
"members" (users With 30 posts)
But This (like The Name) Modifi Just The Users TITLES (After They Post)

Ive Added To Board Permissions These Custom Groups.
If i give Permissions to Newbies And Remove Permissions For "register member" To view The Board Other "custom Group" Who Have Accest To Board Can't View The Board.
When User Have Maded 5 Posts I Want Him In The newbie (custom group)
when User Have maded 30 Post I Want Him In "members" Group (custom Groups)
...etc.

If You Understand me ... please tell me How can I Make What I Want Possible ???

Sorry For My BAD English.
heloo there,

umm u have to differenciate between Groups & User titles .

The post number deals with the user titles thing, so if a user who has 0 post would be a newbies, if he go up to 30 he is registred, but this is only abou the user title, it doesn't change the group.

Now in the case of groups, u may set the permissions of a certain forum or category, to be open for a certain group and not for the other, all done from Admin CP >Forum Management > manage Forums
find the forum u want, and click Permissions
you may there set who can see this forum, and who can't.

however regarding ur thing, it's not available by default, u will have to do them manually.

many regards
Anny Thing to do ???
To add a User After some posts to Another Custom Group Automatic can be DONE ? Please..
(I Know Hou to set Permisions for All custom groups but Dont HaVE time to add Every day Members to Another group after Some POSTS)

Thankx in Advence !
What he wants is for members to actually change groups after a certain number of posts (for permissions and such) which I would also like to use on one of the forums I administer. After 20+ posts the user is automatically changed group, so that he/she has a new forum that appears for special things for active members.
It sounds like what you want is where users automatically switch user groups when you reach x amount of posts. If so, then sorry, that feature isn't in MyBB currently. You would have to do it manually.
Umm.. Thanx for Maded me to Understand the POINT ( Hope In the FUTURE When Somebudy Will ADD A MOD To MyBB..
Well I have a personaly request then. Could anyone possibly make a mod to do this? [admins feel free to move this thread or split it or what not anywhere it's supposed to be]
Yup .. Will Be A Nice MOD !
Michael83 Wrote:http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=6297

Thank You Verry MUCH !!

FILLED.