MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .php -> .php5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Guys, hi! Smile

Could you please tell me if the whole thing works corectly eventually if I do the following:

Download distributive of MYBB 1.4.11 and before uploading it on my server:
1. rename all files with extension .php to .php5
2. do the following inside of each file where .php can be found
3. then upload and install

I want to have two different forums in the same directory
so when I need one I call index.php and when I need the second one I call index.php5

Will it work corectly or not? will it be secure and ok with mybb creators?

Thank you much,
Why not just do this the EASY way and put one of them in the directory and one in a subdir named /forum or /bb or something?

However, yes it will work. Except that plugins would be all fubared between them and such. Do it the way I mentioned above.
Hmm. I know about the easy way!! Smile I love Metallica by the way..

Anyway.. HARD way is still on my mind...

What about plugins? I'm gonna treat them the same way? Will it work?

Huh

(2010-01-07, 03:59 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just do this the EASY way and put one of them in the directory and one in a subdir named /forum or /bb or something?

However, yes it will work. Except that plugins would be all fubared between them and such. Do it the way I mentioned above.
You can't treat plugins the same way I don't think. Not easily. This just isn't worth doing because of all the problems it will cause.
Oh, and I've got a random Avatar, took me a second to realize what you meant with the Metallica comment. I've got 5 or 6 Metallica Album covers in my avatars Smile
How to force mybb look into another plugin folder, then?

Dodgy

(2010-01-07, 04:15 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]You can't treat plugins the same way I don't think. Not easily. This just isn't worth doing because of all the problems it will cause.

Please tell me if you see through mybb codes thoroughly why I can do it so it works perfectly!

.php sees only their side and actions .php5 sees theirs?

The only thing I see css also has to be renamed? maybe to css2?

Besides I don't know what could be fixed to make Plugins work smooth?

Lightbulb

Angel

(2010-01-07, 04:16 PM)chishikinohito Wrote: [ -> ]How to force mybb look into another plugin folder, then?

Dodgy

(2010-01-07, 04:15 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]You can't treat plugins the same way I don't think. Not easily. This just isn't worth doing because of all the problems it will cause.
What about the cache folder?? settings.php?? config.php?? You're making things so much harder for yourself renaming files like this... you'll need code edits for this to work if you really must do it.
Well.. I looked deeply and realized that it is really harder than I thought!

I think I will have to give up this idea because it will take to much time and effort!

I wish there was a patch for this from you guys.. But you do already to much work for us! Thank you on mybb!!

Last idea:

is there a way to write folder name 'forum' one in english and the other one same word but using 'o' in cyrrilic like this: 'fоrum'

you can't see difference but it's two different folders? will it work with the server and url stuff?

(2010-01-07, 06:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What about the cache folder?? settings.php?? config.php?? You're making things so much harder for yourself renaming files like this... you'll need code edits for this to work if you really must do it.
It will confuse your users. Go for the clean approach with two different folders. If you don't like different folders, use subdomains. Or just merge the two forums into one and use groups and permissions to sort out the users.
(2010-01-07, 06:58 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It will confuse your users. Go for the clean approach with two different folders. If you don't like different folders, use subdomains. Or just merge the two forums into one and use groups and permissions to sort out the users.

do one as /forum and one as /bb Smile
With the current version it's impossible to sort out fully all I need -> because the second version installs for the other language!

I mean when you type index.php?language=english you have theme, templates changed BUT plus certain forum's 'id' shown and certain not, same about users!

Is this possible?

Will this feature be added to the 1.6 or 2.0?

(2010-01-07, 06:58 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It will confuse your users. Go for the clean approach with two different folders. If you don't like different folders, use subdomains. Or just merge the two forums into one and use groups and permissions to sort out the users.
Pages: 1 2