MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: eAccelerator - does it need to be enabled?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there an option to enable eAccelerator support anywhere in the forum software? Or does it automatically use eAccelerator if it is installed?
./inc/config:

/**
 * Data-cache configuration
 *  The data cache is a temporary cache
 *  of the most commonly accessed data in MyBB.
 *  By default, the database is used to store this data.
 *  If you wish to use the file system (cache/ directory), MemCache or eAccelerator
 *  you can change the value below to 'files', 'memcache' or 'eaccelerator' from 'db'.
 */
$config['cache_store'] = 'db';
Thanks Matt Rogowski !

However, there must be something else I need to do too, as after changing db to eaccelerator the forum gave the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function eaccelerator_get() in public_html/inc/cachehandlers/eaccelerator.php on line 76
Looks like it isn't enabled on the server properly then... I don't think there's anything more to do in MyBB, it's saying a function doesn't exist.
Matt's correct. You can't enable it if you don't even have it installed Wink You have to talk to your host.
I have eAccelerator installed but it's not enabled - any benefit to enabling eAccelerator over the normal database for cache storing?
It does have benefits, but you won't notice much of a difference. It's really only needed for bigger forums where optimization is top priority.
I am using x-cache, speed a little bit increase.
But, as Ryan said. For normal forum not much differerent. Only big forum Wink
And have benefit to enabling DB over the normal database for cache storing?
(2010-01-08, 04:31 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]And have benefit to enabling DB over the normal database for cache storing?

Caching to DB simply means there won't be a flat-file cache, so it won't be as redundant.
Pages: 1 2