MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missed the 14.10 update, what can I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am on 14.9 and missed the .10 update. I dont want to get 14.11 and run upgrade as I have custom templates & code tweaks so I want to patch manually. Where can I get the files to get me to .10?
Thanks
1.4.9, and 1.4.11 I hope you mean Wink

*tease*

MyBB doesn't require you to do sequential updates.

Download the full 1.4.11 package and upload all files. Then run
http://yourforumurl/install/upgrade.php
Hello, thankyou for the reply.
That is what I just said, I cant upload all files & run upgrade as I have custom code mods, language file mods etc etc.
Does anyone have the files needed to manually patch to .10?
Thanks
You can apply the changed files pack for 1.4.9 > 1.4.10 and then 1.4.10 > 1.4.11 if you want, they're both on the blog. If you made edits to any of the changed files you'll just have to find the changes and make them again, step by step manual changes are only supplied for security fixes.
Or do it the easy way

Using Linux, diff the files for the changes you made, then reapply said changes after a full update.

Or you can use windiff, but I hate it Smile
Thanks guys Smile Ahh the blogg, I'll check it out. And this filediff thing.
Hello, There is no .9 - .10 patch file on the blog. Maybe someone has it saved to their computer that they could send me?
Thanks
I found it, I hope the upgrade script doesnt revert all my changes Sad
Hello, Can I save the templates within a custom theme & reload it after upgrade? I have made many template changes to make my forum look very custom, I do not want to lose them Sad
It won't, only a few templates changed and they were very minor, not the sort of template you'd have edited, but if you have a full backup, nothing can get lost.
Argh, everything gone, even my theme has been ruined, these updates really suck sometimes.
Phew, all fixed Smile