MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few things...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I have a few problems that I have been trying to find out the solution via google/mybboard.net but to no avail:

1. It seems that I cannot edit my own posts (as an administrator). I checked both the group permission as well as board permission and the setting seemed normal. This is odd because it was working fine until last night (after I installed a plugin, but that should not matter??). How would I go about fixing this?

2. Is there a plugin/modification code that allows guests to SEE the forums on index, but cannot access it? I know there are plugins for "x number of posts required to access," so do guests count as having 0 posts and thus cannot access if the post limit is at 1? Or is there an alternative solution to this problem?

3. In regards to the quick reply feature, how do I disable the verification code required to use it? On my board, quick reply is enabled but it requires you to enter the verification code in order to use it.

4. Is there a way to add text to the gradient (header) area (by the RSS Syndication Image) that is right below the logo?

Here is my website link: http://epiksoul.com/forums

any help would be greatly appreciated! Smile

Thanks!!!
1. Can you explain why you can't edit them...?? No button?? Error message?? What?? What plugin did you install?? Can you printscreen the permissions for the forum??

2. You can go into the Edit Permissions/Set Permissions section and untick the 'Can view threads within forum?' option; make sure to change the setting at the top to 'use the custom permissions below'.

3. That'll only be for guests, don't think it's possible by default to have that there for registered users too...
Thanks for the quick response!

1. The edit button is not there anymore... it just seems as if you are viewing a closed thread as a guest. As for the plugin, im not particularly certain of the latest plugin I installed/activated, but here are the ones I know I installed the most recently:

Spicefuse Shoutbox