MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error 1054
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded from mybb 1.4.5 (mybb_1405) to 1.4.11 because of an error. I looked it up in this forum and it was recommended to upgrade... So I did. From 1.4.5 to 1.4.11. It worked after the upgrade. But this morning all of a sudden I got the same error.

Again I looked in the forum and I saw that another member maybe did not use the upgrade script properly. Or upgraded from the wrong versio.

I am sure I upgraded from 1.4.5 but to be sure ran the script again. I updated from 1.4.4 to 1.4.11.

I still get te error:
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'loginattempts' in 'fieldlist'
Query:
Select logginattempts from mybb_users WHERE LOWER(username)='rené koster'
LIMIT 1

Please help me to get back online...

Thanks René
Well, looks like you didn't run the upgrade script. Did you choose 1.4.5 from the list?? Maybe you didn't run it properly when you upgraded to 1.4.4, run it again and choose 1.4.3.

May I ask how you didn't upgrade for so long?? Haven't you logged into your ACP in the last 9 months?? You've been vulnerable to some serious security issues for months.
(2010-01-08, 09:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well, looks like you didn't run the upgrade script. Did you choose 1.4.5 from the list?? Maybe you didn't run it properly when you upgraded to 1.4.4, run it again and choose 1.4.3.

May I ask how you didn't upgrade for so long?? Haven't you logged into your ACP in the last 9 months?? You've been vulnerable to some serious security issues for months.

Hi...

Thanx for the support.. I did run the script as I told you before. Twice to be exact. But now I did run it again and selected to upgraded from 4.3 and it seems to work now. But it did the last time as wel and the next day the error came again. So I'll wait untill tomorrow to get happy... Smile

Yes well.. Why didn't I upgrade before.. That is a long story. We just launched this forum for our clients and I am not that skilled in Forums.. So I thought as long as it is running... let it run... But now I had to upgrade in order to get back online. So it seems to be easy to do so and that is why I will be upgrading along with the new versions to come.

Our Forum is not a public one, so our users get their Names and passwords from us. I don't see why anyone would want to hack us. It is not interesting for others.. It's a medical forum so...

Anyway.. Thanks an I hope the forum will stay up....

Cheers and have a great weekend....

René
Well, hackers will hack anything if they know it's vulnerable, they won't not hack it because it's not interesting or a medical forum, they'd hack it if they saw it was vulnerable.

If it happens again, if you're sure the upgrade script ran, the only other possibility is an outdated version of a sidebox plugin, which also occasionally caused this.