MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Snow :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Woo had about 8/9 inches here so far. Supposed to snow even more on sunday (with high winds this time) Big Grin

That means school will be closing once again Toungue
You must live in britian. Also 20Cm, pretty good, but top the one meter we had in Ontario Big Grin
I don't know why people like snow so much, or think that -10 Celsius is cold, etc.
(2010-01-08, 04:42 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why people like snow so much, or think that -10 Celsius is cold, etc.

When the average temperature in January (for Britain) is 2oC, and we're getting -20oC, I think you can understand why we think it's cold. Plus, our infrastructure (rail, roads and even cars) aren't built to withstand such temperatures over such a prolonged period of time. We don't even have a week's supply of gas (as in, natural - not petrol) for the entire country! If your average temperature in the winter is like, -30 or something, it's like it being dropped to -50.

This has been going on for almost a month - and will last for almost 8 weeks - at these sort of temperatures, which is unheard of really. We're lucky if we get a snow day at all... still doesn't stop me from going sledging in my dinner break though... Shy
I had to walk through a bleedin' blizzard today, high wind and snow pounding me in the face. Lovely.
Welcome to an average canadian day.
I guess in relation it's cold, but imo -15 is nothing.
Yes it is. Its almost a normal day there Toungue.
Nothing beats the snow here! 0 inches in the whole history Toungue
Damn i bet you had to call the army in to clean that one up! *Ontario joke Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3