MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Section?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is possible to make one section private?
The user can't see other threads/posts only his thread and the replies in it.

Thank you.
Yep I have a red light district setup for user's that wanted that, you need to have forum permissions and also password to enter and you can not see any posts at all if you don't belong to that group. Works great
(2010-01-08, 02:21 PM)dpdurst Wrote: [ -> ]Yep I have a red light district setup for user's that wanted that, you need to have forum permissions and also password to enter and you can not see any posts at all if you don't belong to that group. Works great
How did you set the section as private?
I did 2 things. When I created the Forum in the settings there is a password I set for mine so that others can't get into it without the password.

The other thing I did is create a new user group called private. User's that want access I added the private group to there access and the User's that don't have access are not granted the Private group access and its all hidden from view.
(2010-01-08, 05:49 PM)dpdurst Wrote: [ -> ]I did 2 things. When I created the Forum in the settings there is a password I set for mine so that others can't get into it without the password.

The other thing I did is create a new user group called private. User's that want access I added the private group to there access and the User's that don't have access are not granted the Private group access and its all hidden from view.

That's not quite what the Original Poster was looking for, since anyone with access to the forum can see all threads in it.

There is a plugin around though that does this, but I don't know how well or what its status is.

My solution for a "Private Support" plugin was to give each user their own group and forum upon registration, that only they, mods, supermods, and admins can see. I don't have a public (will require subscription) version of this ready yet, I only have the direct version for the original commission... which doesn't have the settings it would need for a public release.
I don't want to disagree, but I can promise the way I did this that the user can not see the forum that is hidden. I'm sure that their may be several ways to do this.
(2010-01-08, 05:57 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]There is a plugin around though that does this, but I don't know how well or what its status is.
What the name of the plugin?
__

I'm not asking how to remove the forum for a certain usergroup...
I need a plugin or any code modification to make the user SEE the section but not the other members posts...ONLY his post/thread and the replies on the thread that he made.

Is it possible?