MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb will support IIS server.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to know about mybb will support IIS server or not?

I have IIS server and i installed php + mysql 5.0, but iam unable to select the database engine as mysql while installing mybb in my server..

I given below details are showing in the requirement check time, its shows only SQLite2.

Requirements Check
Requirements
PHP Version: 5.0.5
Supported DB Extensions: SQLite 2

Supported Translation Extensions: iconv
PHP XML Extensions: Installed
Configuration File Writable: Writable
Settings File Writable: Writable
Cache Directory Writable: Writable
File Uploads Directory Writable: Writable
Avatar Uploads Directory Writable: Writable

And i want to know shall i continue installation process, its will give any problem in future..

Please kindly help me to solve this problme.. advance thanks to all
This is not a problem with MyBB, your PHP installation simply does not support MySQL.

So you want to fix your PHP setup, nothing MyBB can do about it.
Hay I Run MyBB On IIS

IIS 7.5
Mysql 5.4.3
PHP 5.3.1 Rc 1 x64

Seams to work fine windows 7 any ways
Like frost said, this is an issue with a bad PHP setup, NOT with IIS or MyBB or their interaction.

MyBB will run on ANY webserver that supports PHP and the PHP having a compatible DB extension.
(2010-01-08, 05:21 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB will run on ANY webserver

...as long as the webserver takes care of setting some variables correctly.

For example nginx does not set PATH_INFO by default so MyBB's archive does not work by default with nginx. You have to fiddle a bit with the webservers configuration to manually set the path info variable to the correct value. With a webserver that does not let you configure such behaviour you'd be screwed at that point.

If you don't know how to fix issues yourself you're far better off using a standard environment with Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. Everything else just isn't nearly as well tested and may cause problems.
I know I was just trying to say somthing so if someone need help i would try my best
Linux, Apache Never used ither one ever they never even been on my hard drive.

I was just trying to help like if they running a setup like mine

Windows 7 IIS 7.5
PHP 5.0.5 (which can be upgrade) the 5.3 has it problems zend Optimizer does not suport 5.3 yet there is no ffmpeg.dll that i know cause i have been looking for one that will work with 5.3.1
Mysql 5.4.3
(2010-01-08, 05:25 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-08, 05:21 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB will run on ANY webserver

...as long as the webserver takes care of setting some variables correctly.

For example nginx does not set PATH_INFO by default so MyBB's archive does not work by default with nginx. You have to fiddle a bit with the webservers configuration to manually set the path info variable to the correct value. With a webserver that does not let you configure such behaviour you'd be screwed at that point.

If you don't know how to fix issues yourself you're far better off using a standard environment with Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. Everything else just isn't nearly as well tested and may cause problems.

All of that is very true. However, I've run MyBB just fine on lighttpd as well using PHP 5.2.9 via FastCGI with 0 problems Smile
MyBB should be able to run on any server with Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
(2010-01-08, 07:12 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB should be able to run on any server with Apache, MySQL, and PHP.

This has what to do with running it on IIS? Toungue

So far I've run MyBB on these configs:
XAMPP 1.7.3 on Windows XP
Apache 2.2.5-14, PHP 5.2.3, 5.2.9, 5.2.11, 5.3.0 RC 1, 5.3.1, via mod_php, MySQL 5.1.40
lighttpd 1.4.23, PHP 5.3.1 via FastCGI, MySQL 5.1.40
hiawatha 4.3.2, PHP 5.3.1 via FastCGI, MySQL 5.1.40
Windows XP Pro IIS (I forget the version), PHP 5.2.3, MySQL 5.?.??

So, any webserver that fully supports PHP, and PHP having the proper DB extensions, can run MyBB
(2010-01-08, 09:43 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-08, 07:12 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB should be able to run on any server with Apache, MySQL, and PHP.

This has what to do with running it on IIS? Toungue

So far I've run MyBB on these configs:
XAMPP 1.7.3 on Windows XP
Apache 2.2.5-14, PHP 5.2.3, 5.2.9, 5.2.11, 5.3.0 RC 1, 5.3.1, via mod_php, MySQL 5.1.40
lighttpd 1.4.23, PHP 5.3.1 via FastCGI, MySQL 5.1.40
hiawatha 4.3.2, PHP 5.3.1 via FastCGI, MySQL 5.1.40
Windows XP Pro IIS (I forget the version), PHP 5.2.3, MySQL 5.?.??

So, any webserver that fully supports PHP, and PHP having the proper DB extensions, can run MyBB
Well if the IIS server has Apache, PHP, and MySQL then it should work Wink. That's my point.
Pages: 1 2