MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Framework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone ever thought about making a MyBB Framework? Where you strip away a lot of the elements of the forum to just leave the core functions and classes intact?
http://basement.jdpipes.net/

My latest web application for my work. It's an e-shop designed to sell some of our product ranges to customers who have accounts with us (roughly around 8,000 customers have access to it). That's just MyBB stripped back to what that site needs... (you'll see more in the Showcase soon, it's pretty similar to the Intranet I did)...

I made MyBB into a framework as we have other things that are made out of MyBB as well. So, it's alot easier to integrate into things. I find it works really well, actually, although I think many will say it will be bloated as a framework...
i think having mybb as an framework would be great it would save people an lot off work that would use the class in mybb to make other custom scripts.

as the mybb class are really easy to work with i think it could be an great idea

it could get update as mybb gets updated as well
Since MyBB is GNU right now it's actually possible to do this and release it as a fork. To me MyBB backend is one of the best and I'd like to see it doing more than representing only a forum software. It's worthy enough imho to support many php scripts like a gallery, cms, blog software, and much more.
I actually wouldn't mind that either. It would be pretty simple too. I incorporate a bunch of the classes into my applications, and it would be nice to have them all there.
Even the admincp could be part of the framework once stripped of certain modules.
A framework would certainly help (having immediate access to things like users and hooks while still having the flexibility to develop a unique web software is a massive advantage)

I've got a pretty customized script that started out as a skeleton version of MyBB. I stripped it back to basics (nothing but classes really, and the ACP theme) and made the theme system file based. Then I rewrote/optimized most of the classes, removed the plugin system and just wrote my own custom modifications.

So it's kinda mutated into a new software that is designed specifically to be extremely light on the server and has a very specific use. It should be on a live site in a month or two. Buying the site after the server costs exceeded the revenue nearly 2 to 1.
I've made something similar to a MyBB Framework for a few websites I own. They aren't live so I can't show you but works pretty well.
However, what I made requires modifications to work under other websites.
Something that would require a simple require to integrate it would be awesome and wouldn't be hard to do
Interesting to see so many have actually gone ahead and done this.

We could use a fork site to start this project as a group and maintain it.
Hmm very interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this Smile.
Pages: 1 2