MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RE: 1045 sql error help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi i have moved my forum to a new host i restored the database

now when i try to run the forum i get a sql error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user usename'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

i have change all teh setting in the config.php and uploaded it and it still says old admin user name in the error can some one help me please

i dowloaded my home dir from old host and the uploaded it to new host

do i need to reistall forum again i down want to loose my attachments

tia for any help with this thank you

jet
Your database informations(database user name, password etc.) are wrong. Change them with your new database informations on your new host.
Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team
i have change all the details to new host name and database names and password and user name still comes up with an error above and i can not load any webpages at all from my forum i get the error straight away
Then the details still aren't right, otherwise it'd connect. Check with your host that the details are right.
my old host was filesune1 new host is filesune

i change the datebase name to filesune same as the new host as when i restored database

it but filesune in front of it so changed it in config and usename and passowrd and still gives me the same error but it showing the old usrename in the error and not the new one i have made
Are you sure it's saving if it's showing the old username still then...?? And that you're not editing a version of config.php in another folder...??
i am editing the one from my admin folder the but the admin folder has been renamed for secruity i am looking now for another config file
What are you editing in there?? o.O It's ./inc/config.php... what database details are there in the ACP file??
i have looked and there is deff no other config php on my server and i have edited the config and i dont know why its showing old username

is there away to delete forum but leave upload folder and reinstall from start and keep uploads after wards ?
Pages: 1 2