MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some feedback on my eBook I just finished.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of you know I was writing an eBook about how to build and maintain a free web hosting company a while back. Well as of December 30th I finished the eBook and after some formatting changes I was only able to get 56 pages out of it (not included the extra stuff I'm packaging it with). Sad

Well now I need some people to help me proof-read it and point out any grammatical, spelling, or factual errors or omissions I might have made. I read it over once and caught a few but it's hard for me to take on the role of editor for my own work.

Right now I have 3 people on board and I will be splitting up the eBook into smaller sections to make things easier on those reviewing it. If you are interest please download this file and after you read it "sign" the bottom under Recipient and send me an e-mail at [email][email protected][/email]. I will "sign" the bottom under Discloser, send it back, and then contact you when I get enough interested people. Big Grin

(Yes, I know it's kind of a pain but I did invest a lot of time into writing this and the last thing I want is somebody releasing it before it's ready or worse, claiming it as their own. I was screwed over once before by not having a signed contract and my material was taken and sold by the company I was working with AND took my licenses for themselves and locking out my access to our "shared" server.)
Oh, and you must be 18 years or older.
I would help but I'm not 18.
Same. 17 here. Shame Sad
I would but I am not 18. I am very trustworthy though.
It doesn't really matter, you can't enter into a legal contract unless you're 18 years old. Wink
You will be lucky if you find anyone, even if they are over 18.

"The Recipient agrees not to use any information obtained through contact to produce any similar works that directly compete with any product created from the information provided for a period of one (1) year." - Why??

And also you are asking for a phone number...lol
Just curious, why do you need all this information and contract? It's just a review. If you are worrying about getting scammed, ask reputable people.
(2010-01-09, 02:24 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ](Yes, I know it's kind of a pain but I did invest a lot of time into writing this and the last thing I want is somebody releasing it before it's ready or worse, claiming it as their own. I was screwed over once before by not having a signed contract and my material was taken and sold by the company I was working with AND took my licenses for themselves and locking out my access to our "shared" server.)
(2010-01-16, 08:34 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote: [ -> ]You will be lucky if you find anyone, even if they are over 18.

"The Recipient agrees not to use any information obtained through contact to produce any similar works that directly compete with any product created from the information provided for a period of one (1) year." - Why??

And also you are asking for a phone number...lol
Yes, because I am trying to protect my work. Imagine if somebody took a copy of my eBook before I released it and posted it online after spending weeks of my time and hundreds of dollars of my money for them to profit from. I know the concept is hard for teenagers to understand, but this is how the real world works.

(2010-01-16, 08:41 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious, why do you need all this information and contract? It's just a review. If you are worrying about getting scammed, ask reputable people.
So I can buy your premium themes and give them away for free on my site? I don't like people stealing my work and claiming it as their own so why not protect my work and myself? Even if they are reputable, who's to say they won't lend a page or 2 to their friend or family member? And what if I went to a reputable company that my friend was a key employee at and they resold my works as their own, claimed all of the profit, and even licensed my works so I couldn't use them myself? It may sound weird but it happens and I wasted a lot of time trying to reclaim my time, money, and property over a lack of contract.

(2010-01-16, 08:49 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-09, 02:24 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ](Yes, I know it's kind of a pain but I did invest a lot of time into writing this and the last thing I want is somebody releasing it before it's ready or worse, claiming it as their own. I was screwed over once before by not having a signed contract and my material was taken and sold by the company I was working with AND took my licenses for themselves and locking out my access to our "shared" server.)
Thank you Scoutie44 for reading my post, it appears it's to much of a hassle for some to read the whole post before replying. Wink
Can I type my signature? I don't have a scanner Toungue.

Edit: Never mind I looked at the file.