MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how upload MyBB 1.4.11 the site via FTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i think first i need unzip the MyBB 1.4.11 to my computer, and there are two folders, one is documentation , another is upload.
and then i upload these two files via FTP program to public/html

now my question is , do i need import something after i click open phpmyadmin in my cpanel?

if yes, what files i need first import in oder let my forum run on the site?

thank you in advance!
You don't need to upload the Documentation folder. You don't need to do anything in phpMyAdmin, you need to run the installation script: [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2010-01-09, 09:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to upload the Documentation folder. You don't need to do anything in phpMyAdmin, you need to run the installation script: [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Thank you for your reply, i have read through the wiki , but i still have no idea how i can correct let my forum run on the site

do i need make some alternation in the files in the upload folder before i submit them to public/html? or i just simply upload the upload folder to public/html?

in wiki, i have read some info about Installing MyBB on mySQL 4.0.x , i want to know if it is applicable for me also since my webhost is bluehost, which has mySQL 4.0.x or?

please suggest
The only edit you need to do is rename ./inc/config.default.php to config.php

Are you sure it has MySQL 4.0?? It's a pretty old version, personally I'd look for a different host if that's the best they can offer you.
(2010-01-09, 09:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The only edit you need to do is rename ./inc/config.default.php to config.php

Are you sure it has MySQL 4.0?? It's a pretty old version, personally I'd look for a different host if that's the best they can offer you.

you mean i need replace the ./inc/config.default.php with config.php, right? if yes, where i can find ./inc/config.default.php? it is located in the folder of upload? i have searched, but did not find it.

i get the message after i tried to submit upload to public/html/forum:

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Another question is, i need upload files to public/html or public/html/forum?
(2010-01-09, 10:06 PM)yifan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-09, 09:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The only edit you need to do is rename ./inc/config.default.php to config.php

you mean i need replace the ./inc/config.default.php with config.php, right? if yes, where i can find ./inc/config.default.php? it is located in the folder of upload? i have searched, but did not find it.

i get the message after i tried to submit upload to public/html/forum:

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Another question is, i need upload files to public/html or public/html/forum?

Upload-->inc-->select the file
(2010-01-09, 10:06 PM)yifan Wrote: [ -> ]you mean i need replace the ./inc/config.default.php with config.php, right? if yes, where i can find ./inc/config.default.php? it is located in the folder of upload? i have searched, but did not find it.

./inc/ folder...

(2010-01-09, 10:06 PM)yifan Wrote: [ -> ]i get the message after i tried to submit upload to public/html/forum:

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:

Yes, because you haven't run the installation script yet.

(2010-01-09, 10:06 PM)yifan Wrote: [ -> ]Another question is, i need upload files to public/html or public/html/forum?

Depends if you want it in a folder called forum, you can if you want.
Upload-->inc-->select the file
[/quote]

thanks, after click open inc, i see the filename is config.default
there is no filename is config.default.php.

in this case, i think i just rename config.default to config , right?
(2010-01-09, 10:22 PM)yifan Wrote: [ -> ]Upload-->inc-->select the file
thanks, after click open inc, i see the filename is config.default
there is no filename is config.default.php.

in this case, i think i just rename config.default to config , right?

Ok, Just change that file to config.php

Have you already uploaded the files through a FTP yet?
It's just not showing the file extension then, remove the .default
Pages: 1 2