MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBFree.com Story - Untold until now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm sure many of you have heard of www.MyBBFree.com, a website in which you may get a free MyBB forum.

What many of you don't know is how it started, and why you see my name as Banned all over the forums.

I first bought MyBBFree.net, when I saw the .com was taken, I also bought 6 months of very good hosting, just enough time to get the site started and then get a server. Connorhd saw that I had already started developing a script to automatically create the forums, so he sent me a PM. He wanted to team up, so I said sure. He told me that I'd need to not use my .net domain, nor my hosting. I didn't really like the idea, so I asked him if he was sure without a shadow of a doubt that we would always work together on the project. He agreed, and I let my hosting and domain sit and rot, with nothing else to use it for.

Well, roughly 1 month after the website was up and open, I had done the website, graphics, and little of the coding. I couldn't do much coding, as he didn't let me have access to the server, nor gave me any of his code to add-on to. I was fine with that.. we were making roughly $20 a day, each from Google Ads. That was split right down the middle, the ads were on a 1:1 ratio. He saw that I had finished the graphics, logo, forum skin, website, and everything else.. and he kicked me from the project. Why, you ask? So he'd get $40 a day.

Now, you may or may not believe me, it's up to you, I'm just here to tell the truth. I'm also here to tell you that I've bought the MultiForums phpBB and IPB script, which come with an admin section, directory, and all the works. I'll be converting this script + many other nice features to a new MyBBFree website. I haven't got a name yet, but I sure it'll be great. I'm also looking for a few people who might like to help, if you would, send me a PM.

Sincerely,

Adam (Render)
Wow, some story.
This is why I prefer working alone unless I am in a job/cotract.
Always do projects like this alone, until you need other admins to help run it.
nice amout of money Toungue!!
good project, however u had to be more alarmed Smile

good luck
Render Wrote:I'm sure many of you have heard of www.MyBBFree.com, a website in which you may get a free MyBB forum.

What many of you don't know is how it started, and why you see my name as Banned all over the forums.

I first bought MyBBFree.net, when I saw the .com was taken, I also bought 6 months of very good hosting, just enough time to get the site started and then get a server. Connorhd saw that I had already started developing a script to automatically create the forums, so he sent me a PM. He wanted to team up, so I said sure. He told me that I'd need to not use my .net domain, nor my hosting. I didn't really like the idea, so I asked him if he was sure without a shadow of a doubt that we would always work together on the project. He agreed, and I let my hosting and domain sit and rot, with nothing else to use it for.

Well, roughly 1 month after the website was up and open, I had done the website, graphics, and little of the coding. I couldn't do much coding, as he didn't let me have access to the server, nor gave me any of his code to add-on to. I was fine with that.. we were making roughly $20 a day, each from Google Ads. That was split right down the middle, the ads were on a 1:1 ratio. He saw that I had finished the graphics, logo, forum skin, website, and everything else.. and he kicked me from the project. Why, you ask? So he'd get $40 a day.

Now, you may or may not believe me, it's up to you, I'm just here to tell the truth. I'm also here to tell you that I've bought the MultiForums phpBB and IPB script, which come with an admin section, directory, and all the works. I'll be converting this script + many other nice features to a new MyBBFree website. I haven't got a name yet, but I sure it'll be great. I'm also looking for a few people who might like to help, if you would, send me a PM.

Sincerely,

Adam (Render)

Wow, something like that happened to me before. I won't tell you guys about it but I just brought it up because I can relate to what this guy did to you. Connorhd is a huge lime for doing that.
Great! I've already got 2 team members! If you'd like to help, or just be on the support side of the website, send me a PM.
Render Wrote:Great! I've already got 2 team members! If you'd like to help, or just be on the support side of the website, send me a PM.
I would volunteer but I only have time for MyBB, my website, and my band.

Good luck with it though. Smile
i would be happy to help as well! Big Grin
The guy is an lime.If you need hosting, I have some good deals going on, add me to msn [email protected]
Pages: 1 2