MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb database backup issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a problem when backing up the database from ACP.

I select the following options to download the database

>Select all
>GZIP Compressed
>Download
>Structure and Data
Analyze and Optimize Selected Tables -> Yes

the problem is that whenever the mybb_posts table is selected, the download gets complete right at the end of mybb_posts table. ie all tables "above"/ before (from mybb_adminlog to mybb_polloptions ) and mybb_posts get downloaded and then the download get complete / stops.

I tried again with only mybb_posts and the rest of the tables following, ie till mybb_warnings, which is the last table. Again only the mybb_posts table was saved, and the download gets complete/stops.

Because of this , i have to download mybb_posts separately and other tables separately.

Could anyone suggest a solution for this ?

p.s. using Mybb v1.4.11 for our forum
can you not download it from your host myadmin in control panel if you have one i never use

the forum backup
(2010-01-10, 10:59 AM)jetli68 Wrote: [ -> ]can you not download it from your host myadmin in control panel if you have one i never use

the forum backup
phpmyadmin
It probably times out then, happens to me on some hosts. Probably not much can be done about it unless the max_execution_time is raised.
[/quote]can you not download it from your host myadmin in control panel if you have one i never use

the forum backup[/quote]

of course that's possible, but I wish to download by this method, simply because its much easier.

(2010-01-10, 12:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It probably times out then, happens to me on some hosts. Probably not much can be done about it unless the max_execution_time is raised.

I had that doubt too, but i noticed two reasons to thinks its not the problem with the execution time.

> in spite of the growing database size, the full database gets downloaded if only mybb_posts is selected for download.

> if maximum_exec_time were indeed the problem, the file save would have got stopped halfway through, but in my case, it stops exactly after the entire mybb_posts table gets downloaded fully.