MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transferring installations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to know if I am able to transfer the MyBB installation I have on one hosting account to a completely new one? The only reason why I ask is because I have changed hosting accounts and want to keep the topics, posts and what not from my original forum.

I hope someone can help me out, thanks! Cool
Do I have to have the latest version of MyBB on both installations?
Well you wouldn't install anything on the new one separately, just transfer what you've currently got to the new location and just upgrade it after, or upgrade before you move.
Can't I just download the files from MyBB, upload it and just download and upload the database?
But then what about your attachments, themes, plugins?? Most people transfer their current files when they change hosts, but if you really want to use fresh files and not transfer your current ones, it's up to you... if you do that then, on the new host you'll either have to install a new forum, drop all the new tables and then import your backup, or manually make your config.php file with this: [wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki]
Sure, I forgot about that. Toungue

Thanks Matt, much appreciated.
I'm having troubles with the move. I've followed the necessary steps however my custom theme doesn't completely work and I can access that administrator control panel, but I can't view specific pages in the administrator control panel.

Do you know what my problem could be?
Can anyone provide some support with the above situation?