MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a new user account, outside forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Im trying to link the the forums to our main site, which has its own user account database.

Basically when a user registers for an account on our main site, i want to create a forum account aswell.

Is thier a seperate "outside the forum ->create registration" plugin or script anywhere?

Something simple, so like include the forum registration php files and user registration function files and just do
create_user($name, $pass, $email, $etc);

in my own script and that creates a user on the forum?

Again, willing to pay if this doesnt exist and im positive it would just mean including some files with the correct functions in and creating your own "create_user" function to be used outside the forum.

Any help or pointers?
This has been asked in the past and I don't think anyone's achieved it. To be perfectly honest the best plan would be to integrate your user database with MyBB's.
Thats a bit one sided lol. Well its a great shame. Chaning my user system to integrate into mybbs isnt possible.

So.. Il have to directly squirt the details into the mybb user database myself..

Whats the minimum that an account needs in the database to be able to work?

example, if i passed directly into the mybb database the username, password and email. Would that work? Im guessing not as it needs things like the password "salt" and the "loginkey", but whats else?
Isn't it trying to link two forums together that people have had trouble with?? Wouldn't have thought just creating a user would be too hard.

This is from ./inc/datahandlers/user.php:

// MD5 the password
$user['md5password'] = md5($user['password']);

// Generate our salt
$user['salt'] = generate_salt();

// Combine the password and salt
$user['saltedpw'] = salt_password($user['md5password'], $user['salt']);

// Generate the user login key
$user['loginkey'] = generate_loginkey();

$user['salt'] would go into the salt column, $user['saltedpw'] would go in the password column. Obviously $user['loginkey'] would go in the loginkey column, then you'd need the username and the email address. I think the rest will fall back to the default settings.
Ok, so the sign up works and iv messed around to get it to fill in the other pm fields etc etc.

I have noticed though the "newest member" hasnt updated to reflect the latest member in the database (the one i added through my own script).. is there a prompt or function i need to run to update the forum stats/newest member section upon adding a new member?