MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User login problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have ONE user that has issues logging in. He also had problems getting verification at registration, and could not get the image box to appear. I have turned all the verification stuff off and went to admin activation because I need this user on. I also created his acct myself. He got on just fine one night, but after changing his password to what HE wanted, now more problems.

When he logs on it informs him that he has logged in successfully, but then directs him back to Guest status and not logged in at all. I have successfully logged into his account from my machine just fine. He gets same result when trying to log into known good accounts.

He has dumped his cookies and remembered passwords, and tried on multiple browsers. He can also log into other forums and blogs just fine. All other users of my forum are not affected.

He IS behind a family router which is connected to broadband cable provider.

Its pretty obvious that its on his end, but what does he need to do to correct?

Any ideas friends?

Tom
This is still an issue. Is there anyone with some ideas?
Still a persistent problem. Does anyone have any ideas?
Is he using any proxy server or pre-loading software like web accelerators which may be caching old data? Does he have this problem at another computer, or on another network (like from a library or school/work computer)? If this problem only affects 1 user, I'm inclined to think that it is a specific problem with his setup.
I also have this with at least one registered user. When i change his password and log in myself it's ok, nothing wrong.

When the user logs in on the front page (portal) he's welcome, when he goes to the forum he is a guest Confused

Any solution?
Can you answer Dennis' questions?? Also, do they have cookies enabled in their browser??