MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paypal eCheck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When I tried to pay for something with Paypal, for some reason, it was asking me to use an eCheque or whatever it is (giving the option for instant payment if a credit card is attached).
Does anyone know why it's doing that? I do have sufficient funds in my account to actually do the payment.

A guess could be that it's expecting me to pay in Euros, but I don't have any in my account. Do I need to currency convert for Paypal to recognise that I have sufficient funds or something?

Thanks in advance!
Is this a subscription? Paypal normally has extra requirements for some payments.
No it's just a single payment. Typically when I go to pay, it just uses funds in the account.
I know some subscription things require an attached credit card, but I've never heard about / don't know much about eCheck.
Thanks.
I have the same problem.
For some reason, it won't use funds directly from my paypal account.
Paypal does this cover themselves. In case the money in your account gets disputed or something. They rely on a credit card because they know there is a source they can get money from instantly in case something does happen. So if you don't have a credit card on file they use echecks which will come from your bank account.
(2010-01-11, 06:16 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Paypal does this cover themselves. In case the money in your account gets disputed or something. They rely on a credit card because they know there is a source they can get money from instantly in case something does happen. So if you don't have a credit card on file they use echecks which will come from your bank account.
That's only for subscription payments. I am not making a subscription payment.

Otherwise this totally makes the idea of having funds in your account silly.
Thanks nevertheless.
Hmm..this might also be a setting from the seller only accepting from verified buyers.
(2010-01-11, 07:55 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-11, 06:16 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Paypal does this cover themselves. In case the money in your account gets disputed or something. They rely on a credit card because they know there is a source they can get money from instantly in case something does happen. So if you don't have a credit card on file they use echecks which will come from your bank account.
That's only for subscription payments. I am not making a subscription payment.

Otherwise this totally makes the idea of having funds in your account silly.
Thanks nevertheless.

I understand what your saying and I agree. It took me awhile to figure it out but it's just how it is.Undecided
You have to convert to the correct currency first. For example, paying with CAD for a USD bill won't work with PayPal. eChecks will just be sent in the correct currency but they take a lot longer.
(2010-01-11, 01:21 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to convert to the correct currency first. For example, paying with CAD for a USD bill won't work with PayPal. eChecks will just be sent in the correct currency but they take a lot longer.

Really? I work in GBP now and most my bills are in USD and it auto-converts for me?
Pages: 1 2 3