MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fbconnect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Must have been a custom plugin request, or the admin itself.
I myself would love to see a Facebook and Twitter login integration.
(2010-02-24, 08:30 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Must have been a custom plugin request, or the admin itself.
I myself would love to see a Facebook and Twitter login integration.

I've tested it using twitter and FB - works great.

Having Facebook connect or a twitter ID connect would increase forum registrations, if only because it would be easier?

In one or two clicks, you could have an account. That would be great for small forums trying to get more members involved.
(2010-02-24, 07:49 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-24, 12:00 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]It's happening here:- Screeze :s

Do you mind telling us how that was achieved? Was it a plugin or something else?

It's not my site.

I contacted the developer but it doesn't sound like there's any chance of it being distributed, although they may help individual sites integrate it. Undecided
Yep, I agree. It definitely increases registrations. I hope there's something available already in summer. I want to start a new forum then. Otherwise I will have to make something myself.
Three words.
We need this!
yeahh.. hope there is a plugin or something sooner or later..
Aaargh! I want this feature so bad! Sad
if you just read and pay attention to what you're doing, and make backups of anything you modify, you can do this yourself
If anyone ends up on this thread after a search, here's the situation as of July 2011:
1. There are no official working MyBB MODs for external login (like Facebook, OpenID, Twitter, or Google)
2. There is a tutorial on how to allow logins with Twitter. I don't know if it works.
3. There are two off-site MODs that claim to allow Facebook login: http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-1306.html (paid, I've tested it and it works, as of 2011-July-07), http://mybbmodding.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=180 (haven't tested it).
Pages: 1 2