MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing login username field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Iv been importing my own users into the mybb database today and it all works..

Iv added, "username1" field to the database and i want to use this field to check when someone logs in, instead of "username". As im using "username" to show the accounts "nickname" across the site.

in functions_user.php iv changed the function validate_password_from_username() to nickname= and not username=

and it wont work.. but when i change it back to username= the login works if i login with whatever is in the username field. So im sure its this function thats for loggin in... but as said, when i change it to nickname= (where my "username" is..) ... it wont work..

Any help?

So basically am i missing something out when im changing the login username field to something else?
How did you add the field? Did you directly alter the mybb_users table, or is it a custom profile field?
directly added it in to the _users table. But i can change it to a custom profile field if this would be better?
If you used 'username1' in the table, then you should use username1 in the query.