MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use Cpanel and make backups etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone help me a bit :-)
Is it also possible to just download the entire forum direction and burn it to a cd? Would that work?
u can't download using Cpanel!!

use any ftp Program!! and just copy all ur files from the server to a local folder.

now to backup ur DB , you should go to ur PhpMyAdmin
Find the export button , select them all, make sure Data and Structure are selected, Tick save as file , choose a compresion if you want, then hit OK.

Regards
I'm guessing you don't have full access to your WHM?
Quote:I'm guessing you don't have full access to your WHM?

who do u mean ?
!!

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:use any ftp Program!! and just copy all ur files from the server to a local folder.

But, if I just do this, and my server crashes, and I upload that package (backup), would everything be working fine, than?

PS.: Why doe you need cpanel than?
heloo there,
yes if ur server crashes, and u upload them again, they will function.

in cpanel, you cannot download the way u do via ftp. u will have to download file by file.

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:heloo there,
yes if ur server crashes, and u upload them again, they will function.

in cpanel, you cannot download the way u do via ftp. u will have to download file by file.

regards

in cpanel, go to backup and make a home directory backup. then backup your SQL databases.

Backing up using downloading the files is more usefull, and u may anytime upload what ever u want, to where ever u want.
more over,in Backup of cpanel u may read this
regards
okSmile