MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have installed and setup MyBB 1.4.11. After several refining and test runs, most settings look good except some minor bugs:

1. I set (users & groups section in acp) admin as a member in admin group for 'all' permissions and I went to check the "Hide from Who's online list". Then I login as admin and it still show 'admin' in the forum front page (Who's online: admin). Why? How to make it right and not show admin in Who's online?

2. I reckon that MyBB considers every member as a user and no exception to admin and moderators. If this is true, I think it's a bit off professional because I spent big time to find a way to not show "Joined date" of admin when admin makes a post, but didn't find one. It makes no sense to tell all visitors/members that admin joined on xxx date (admin does not join the forum; admin creates or administers the forum).
Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks
1) Try viewing it as another user, not yourself as the admin.
2) Pretty sure that needs a plugin.
Thanks, Mark.

(2010-01-12, 01:59 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]1) Try viewing it as another user, not yourself as the admin.

Ah, you're right! But I have to open a different browser (Firefox and safari) to find that out (if I use same browser, I can't login as another user).

Quote:2) Pretty sure that needs a plugin.

Too bad, it seems MyBB does not treat admin as the owner of the board and does expose admin info to public like all other users.

Here is another example (if I am not wrong that I couldn't find anyway to hide it): there is a "forum team" link in the bottom of forum homepage that if clicked displays entire admin group's info. I am pretty certain that no forum admin would like to disclose that info to public. Anyone knows how to hide (not show) that link?
(2010-01-12, 02:33 AM)fiat Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:2) Pretty sure that needs a plugin.

Too bad, it seems MyBB does not treat admin as the owner of the board and does expose admin info to public like all other users.
Yeah, I think for 99% of us, the admin is a user of the forum, and contributes to the discussion the same way as any other user.

(2010-01-12, 02:33 AM)fiat Wrote: [ -> ]Here is another example (if I am not wrong that I couldn't find anyway to hide it): there is a "forum team" link in the bottom of forum homepage that if clicked displays entire admin group's info. I am pretty certain that no forum admin would like to disclose that info to public. Anyone knows how to hide (not show) that link?
Again I think for the 99% of us, we want users to know who is on the administration team, so if there is any trouble on the forum, they know who to contact.

This page can simply be removed by deleting showteam.php on your server and removing the link in the index template.
Dennis, Thanks for the reply and solution.