MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum permissions will not change.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I tried searching for a similar thread and couldn't find one.

Anyways, it seems like I am unable to change the permissions for any forum. Everytime I try to do so, it just reverts to the original permissions. Is there something wrong with the chomd of the files or is this an issue with a plugin interfering or what?
Wow that is weird. Is everything Chmodded correctly? Only thing i can think of that would screw it up.
What version of MyBB are you using? Are you using the full permissions editor or the quick permissions editor?
I am having this same problem. I am going back through the CHMOD list, but have one question: If I am instructed to go to a particular folder and change permissions on all files withing that folder, do I need to do the same for all folders in that path?
Wow! I CHMODed myself out of the ACP! I had to go back and undo the CHMOD to the admins/backups folders.

I am back on the ACP, but cannot get the changes to stay as I set them. I really need some help. Sad
In the meanitme, I will keep trying.
For now, I have switched the private forums to inactive. I have to figure out what I have set wrong so I can reopen those forums. Sad

http://mississippi-mud.com
Uncheck "Use Group Default". This happend to me a while ago, and the problem was "Use Group Default" wasn't being unchecked.
Thanks for the reply. I just tried that again. I unchecked everything in each row of each group that is denied access. It still reverted.
I have some forums that are set just like I want these to be, so I am able to see what settings work. I just can't get them to stay that way. It reminds me of the cookie path problem I had when I first set the board up.

The site is http://mississippi-mud.com
MyBB 1.4
Merged with vBulletin 3.x
ARGGHHH! I am so frustrated with this because I am sure I am missing something obvious. I have tried everything I can think of, yet the settings will not stay as I set them on either of my sites. (reserector.com or mississippi-mud.com)

Is there a particular folder or table I should check the permissions on? I am at a loss. I have been searching and struggling for a few days with this. Somebody please (try to) help.
I found a way. It would not let me make all the check boxes blank, but it WOULD let me check only one, such as 'Can delete own post'. That served my purposes. It isn't fixed, but it is hiding the forums from the groups that I want to hide them from.

One more problem solved. Smile Hope that helps someone else, because this nerely drove me up a wall.
I am having the same problem on 2 forums. Settings completely ignores my permissions & reverts to default every time I click save. I have tried everything including checking box for 'Use custom permissions (below)' and unchecking box 'Use Group Default' Nothing worked.

Until I tried what the person above did and left one option checked 'can edit own posts' and its worked. There seems to be a bug with mybb permissions settings that should be fixed.
Considering the permissions work fine for everybody else, I don't think there's a bug... if you can fine solid reproduction steps, report it. Sometimes mod_security can break the permissions.