MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transliteration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i was wondering - is there a plugin/code which can translit latin symbols into cyrillic ?
Simple transliteration button - EN -> BG/MK/RU? (something like that)
Such button in the post editor area.
Thanks in advance
I don't think that's possible on MyBB or anywhere ... you can't translate letters from different writing systems "just like that".
Well i've seen alot of them in webmail clients.
And there is a button where you write your message, in the editor box.
So i think it's possible, whether it is here is a different thing.
It wont be accurate at all.
Thanks m8 for the interest about the topic,
and i don't want to be rude, but you`re from NY, i don't think that u've ever had to use transliteration tool, to turn latin text into cyrillic or other.
it is quite accurate.
Thanks again
(2010-01-12, 02:40 AM)fordz Wrote: [ -> ]and i don't want to be rude, but you`re from NY, i don't think that u've ever had to use transliteration tool, to turn latin text into cyrillic or other.
it is quite accurate.

That's actually extremely insulting. Show me a tool that accurately translates Latin to Cyrillic. I know basic Cyrillic and I know that many Cyrillic letters don't have Latin equivalents and vice versa.
(2010-01-12, 02:41 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-12, 02:40 AM)fordz Wrote: [ -> ]and i don't want to be rude, but you`re from NY, i don't think that u've ever had to use transliteration tool, to turn latin text into cyrillic or other.
it is quite accurate.

That's actually extremely insulting. Show me a tool that accurately translates Latin to Cyrillic. I know basic Cyrillic and I know that many Cyrillic letters don't have Latin equivalents and vice versa.

I didn't want to be rude
i'll pm you in a sec