MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newbie Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm kinda new to MyBB and just have a few questions (sorry if they are random)

How do I edit the portal? (like add new stuff to it; eg, announcements, etc)

Is it possible to secure my Member List page, and if so, how?

Is there a link users can click on to 'refer' a friend to my forum? (enter that person's email, and that person gets an invite to my forum)

On some MyBB forums, I've seen people get points for posting, replying etc... How do i do that?

On this website: http://www.mybbcentral.com/ next to each forum, it has the new post, old post, etc images, and then a image for the forum (check mark, binoculars.) How do I do this?

THANKS!
1) Yes in the acp, there is options for it. Config area i think..
2) How do you mean secure?
3) I think its a plugin search mods.mybboard.net for refer. If not just tell them to simply enter their username. MyBB has one built in
5) It is a plugin called MyPS (For the simplier one) or newpoints (For more complex things) If you are new at this, i would use MyPS.
4)Its a plugin he sells calls Ficons. Steeve moore made a free version called forum icons search for it on the forum Smile
2) I mean that you have to enter a password to view it, or only certain members can view it

Thanks!
You can do that by adjusting group permissions. Edit permissions of the group you don't want to view memberlist. There is an option named Can view member list? under Miscellaneous tab. Just unselect it.
thanks! Is there any way to change the Bank interface (wording) on the MyPS plugin?

Also, couldn't find a refer plugin. How do you do the refer with just their username?
Try to register a new account, you'll see.